Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ital Eating

Greetings,

Well it's been about ten months since I've stopped eating pork, three months since I've stopped eating red meat, and one week since I've stopped eating poultry (chicken, turkey, and duck).

As a Rastaman the importance of eating Ital is vital. It is important to note that the expression of Ital eating varies widely from Rasta to Rasta, and there are few universal rules of Ital living. For InI, however, eating Ital means eating as natural and heal-
thy as possible. Some things I permit in my diet include fish, fresh fruits and vegetables, rice, beans, cheese, and egg every once in a while. The picture to the right displays Chinese cabbage,
cucumber, and papaya, wh-
ich were all grown in beautiful Belize sustainably and organically.

Unfortunately living in the U.S. eating Ital tends to be a challenge. Fresh organic fruits and vegetables are not always available or affordable. Many of the foods are processed and artificial as well as contaminated with pesticides and other harmful chemicals. However, I do the best I can with what is available.

The primary goal of an Ital diet is to increase Livity, or the life energy that lives within all of us. This increased Livity has improved my daily life significantly. My body feels healthier and lighter. To put it simply, my body feels good. When you feel good, you live good, and you make good decisions. People who find out I stopped eating meat ask me if I ever miss it; my answer is always no.

As I continue to experience and obtain knowledge, InI's personal development and overstanding of Rastafari evolves. This is important for the individual and the movement overall.

I am a Rastaman and Rastafari is my way of life. Give thanks and praise unto The Most High...JAH Rastafari...SELAH

I'll share one of my favorite music videos with you regarding the topic by reggae artist Ras Ghandi, "Ital Stew"


4 comments:

  1. Great blog! Your goal of optimum wellbeing through eating healthily is to be admired, especially doing it in a country like ours. It presents an enormous challenge. Good luck to you and I look forward to your next post. I have a blog as well on blogger, the site is www.dontcallmeree-ann.blogspot.com....check it out and show some love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. rasta bizniz dah serious bizniz....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Amazing Grace: Thank you for reading my blog I really appreciate it my dear. Ital is more than just eating...it is everything natural that is good for the evolution of understanding of humankind.

    @ jahras: You dun kno dah serious ting...people haffi kno dem ting yah mi family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Ital! Come fi link I&I bredren
    facebook.com/damianirie

    More Life and Strength Inna Your Journey Rasta Italist!

    ReplyDelete